Zareians - GodzillaLouise Thread

Discussions about constructed worlds, cultures and any topics related to constructed societies.
GodzillaLouise
hieroglyphic
hieroglyphic

Zareians - GodzillaLouise Thread

Post by GodzillaLouise »

Any question I have that pertains to the Zareians, a race of extraterrestrials from my Ultraman/Godzilla fanfiction world’s second series, Ultraman M/L/V, will be asked here.

Anyway, the first question I’m going to ask is admittedly quite complex: how could the specialized form of Electrokinesis used by the Zareian aliens be enhanced when combined with Pyrokinesis, Telekinesis, and how could it be used as a form of propulsion for organic, winged flight?

Now, here’s how the Zareians’ specialized Electrokinesis work: in their bodies, Zareians produce a chemical called Magnatallium. Magnatallium is a non radioactive, magnetic metal with a melting point of 2750°C. When heated to any temperature past 80°C, Magnatallium starts to produce an electric charge, which intensifies the hotter the metal gets:
— When heated past 150°C, Magnatallium will sporadically produce short-lived electric sparks, similar to a Tesla Coil, the frequency and duration of which increase with the metal’s temperature.
—When heated past 340°C, the electric sparks that start being produced by Magnatallium at 150°C will begin to heat up the metal further on their own. At this point, realistically, Magnatallium would need to be cooled off fast, because the electric sparks will continually heat up the metal, eventually leading it to be extremely hazardous.
—When heated to its melting point, Magnatallium will become highly corrosive, with even a gallon of molten Magnatallium producing enough electricity to melt human flesh and muscle in mere seconds, even without physical contact with the molten metal or electricity itself, due solely to heat transfer from the electric bolts.

When Magnatallium is not in use, they store it in a specialized organ designed to cool it down. When needed, however, Zareians can channel the Magnatallium into a biological system that works mostly the same as the Circulatory system, pumping small bits of Magnatallium through a hot, watery fluid that heats the Magnatallium to ~200°C, allowing the metal to begin generating electricity without harming them. At this point, they will begin to use their abilities.

Now, before I get into the main electrokinetic abilities used by Zareians, there is one important thing to mention: the electricity produced by Magnatallium tends to ionize the air around them on its own. As such, their first and foremost attack, a lightning bolt fired from the palm of the hand, is still feasible as an attack. Other attacks they have include placing their hand on a conductive surface to channel electricity through it in waves and discharging electricity through physical blows.

Anyway, while I can probably get around describing how their Pyrokinesis and how their Telekinesis works for the purposes of this first question, I don’t think I can do so for the last part, that being flight. So, let me first say that Zareians are mostly humanoid in terms of body structure, yet some groups of them have the addition of near-fully retractable, bat/dragon-like wings on their back. To give some context on how much their wings can retract, Zareians can fully retract their wings into their shirt (yes, their shirts have openings for the wings). The wings would obviously still be there, but they’re folded so well that you simply can’t notice them.

Either way, given that Zareians are on average much taller than humans (adult Zareian men can reach heights of almost 9’ and adult Zareian women can reach heights of over 8’), their wings, which typically only reach a wingspan of about 1.5 times the body height and are on average only about as strong as the forearms, are not able to provide enough lift to sustain flight. So, how could the specialized Electrokinesis be used to provide propulsion and thus achieve flight?
Last edited by GodzillaLouise on 03 Jan 2024 16:18, edited 1 time in total.
lurker
greek
greek

Re: Ultraman M/L/V - GodzillaLouise Thread

Post by lurker »

Perhaps they could use pyrokinesis to heat the air below them, creating their own thermals that loft them upwards. The wings act like a paraglider.

If they're able to (presumably quickly) cool hot Magnatallium internally, that sounds like another power they could repurpose for other things. That is unless by "pyrokinesis" you mean control over heat flow generally rather than just fire.
⠎⠀⠜⠎⠾⠌⠺⠀⠍⠭⠌⠉⠀⠬⠽⠬⠽⠌⠚
GodzillaLouise
hieroglyphic
hieroglyphic

Re: Ultraman M/L/V - GodzillaLouise Thread

Post by GodzillaLouise »

lurker wrote: 01 Jan 2024 22:52 Perhaps they could use pyrokinesis to heat the air below them, creating their own thermals that loft them upwards. The wings act like a paraglider.

If they're able to (presumably quickly) cool hot Magnatallium internally, that sounds like another power they could repurpose for other things. That is unless by "pyrokinesis" you mean control over heat flow generally rather than just fire.
Thing is, the organ that Zareians use to cool heated Magnatallium doesn’t cool the metal quickly: it takes around 1.5-2 minutes, at minimum, which is why Zareians are typically careful about using their abilities for long periods of time. However, do note that I didn’t really put much thought into how the organ that cools off their Magnatallium works, so right now that organ could function any way as I haven’t thought about it really at all. Also by Pyrokinesis I am referring just to control over fire, not to control over heat flow. By the way, not all Zareians possess all of these abilities. The only ability above that all Zareians possess is their Electrokinesis.