Fredauon Fun Facts

Discussions about constructed worlds, cultures and any topics related to constructed societies.
Creyeditor
MVP
MVP

Re: Fredauon Fun Facts

Post by Creyeditor »

Fredauon Fun Fact #36:
The secret society known as The Black Angels operates on all of Fredauon. They were originally founded in the area south of The Great Mountains and their ideology assumes a natural balance between good and evil. They usually restrict their operations to assassinating leaders of winning parties in wars. They see the victory of the Wizards in the Great War as their biggest failure. Even though they are of multiethnic origin, they have their own language used only among themselves.
Creyeditor
"Thoughts are free."
Produce, Analyze, Manipulate
1 :deu: 2 :eng: 3 :idn: 4 :fra: 4 :esp:
:con: Ook & Omlűt & Nautli languages & Sperenjas
[<3] Papuan languages, Morphophonology, Lexical Semantics [<3]
lurker
greek
greek

Post by lurker »

Creyeditor wrote: 30 Mar 2024 23:16 Fredauon Fun Fact #36:
The Black Angels [...] balance between good and evil..
Why not The Gray Angels?

Also reminds me of the necromancers from Diablo.
⠎⠀⠜⠎⠾⠌⠺⠀⠍⠭⠌⠉⠀⠬⠽⠬⠽⠌⠚
Creyeditor
MVP
MVP

Post by Creyeditor »

Well, black as in operating in the dark or in secret, I guess. Haven't heard of the necromancers, will read up on it. The Black Angels are of course at least partly inspired by the Jedi in Star Wars.
Creyeditor
"Thoughts are free."
lurker
greek
greek

Post by lurker »

Creyeditor wrote: 30 Mar 2024 23:29 Well, black as in operating in the dark or in secret, I guess. Haven't heard of the necromancers, will read up on it. The Black Angels are of course at least partly inspired by the Jedi in Star Wars.
I guess the necromancers are more about balancing the cycle of life and death come to think of it.

So do the Black Angels try to destabilize the Wizard Republic?
⠎⠀⠜⠎⠾⠌⠺⠀⠍⠭⠌⠉⠀⠬⠽⠬⠽⠌⠚
Visions1
greek
greek

Post by Visions1 »

If they like balance, why assassinate a leader and perpetuate a war?
Creyeditor
MVP
MVP

Post by Creyeditor »

lurker wrote: 30 Mar 2024 23:44
Creyeditor wrote: 30 Mar 2024 23:29 Well, black as in operating in the dark or in secret, I guess. Haven't heard of the necromancers, will read up on it. The Black Angels are of course at least partly inspired by the Jedi in Star Wars.
I guess the necromancers are more about balancing the cycle of life and death come to think of it.

So do the Black Angels try to destabilize the Wizard Republic?
Well, the Black Angels don't have a cyclic conception of time. It's more static or transformation, similar to the ideas behind the Translatio Imperii.

I wouldn't say that they were destabilizing it. They tried to weaken it because they would always prefer a draw to a victory.
Visions1 wrote: 31 Mar 2024 05:03 If they like balance, why assassinate a leader and perpetuate a war?
Well, I guess they wanted the Great War to end but they wanted it to end in a draw not a victory. That was the purpose of their assassinations.
Creyeditor
"Thoughts are free."
Visions1
greek
greek

Post by Visions1 »

Interesting. If so, do they like some kinds of democracies above others?
Creyeditor
MVP
MVP

Post by Creyeditor »

I am not sure yet how they define good and evil. They would need to do this in order to make the concept of balance useful. The definitions are probably subject to change in-world and might also depend on the opinions of the current leader. Btw, I am tempted to say that the title of their leader is the Old One Of The Hill or the Master Of The Hill or something like this.
Creyeditor
"Thoughts are free."