Weird Dream Thread

What can I say? It doesn't fit above, put it here. Also the location of board rules/info.
Khemehekis
mongolian
mongolian

Re: Weird Dream Thread

Post by Khemehekis »

Last night I had a dream set in Moraga, obviously based on the Simpsons Treehouse of Horror short "Homega Man".

In the dream, I was playing with my band Red Cilantro, and asked Natalie to sub in my band; I knew that I would be playing on the Moraga Commons in a few days.

Meanwhile, an academic at St. Mary's made a highly publicized comment that offended the Taliban, and word was around that the Taliban was going to use WMD's on Moraga. No one did much about it.

On the day of the concert, my Red Cilantro bandmates and I, including Natalie, played in a hot new bandshell that was hyped as being bombproof. As we were in the middle of a song, the bomb landed on Moraga and killed everyone in the audience, leaving Natalie and Red Cilantro.

Moraga was full of deceased people. We survivors ate free food from Jack-in-the-box, Taco Bell, and Fudge Alley.

Then we thought of our friends who were away from Moraga on Spring Break at that time. We called Vince, Katy, and all those other friends, but they all said they didn't want to come back to a town that had been bombed and was probably still toxic.

We stayed in Moraga for decades. But the scariest part of the dream was the end of it, when Natalie and I were much older. Even though neither of us wanted children, by the end of the dream we had a prepubescent son and daughter, and they were scootering down the Moraga Bxke Path, as we went on a walk with them. I then walked to the left of a freeway, where cars were parked by a ditch, ambled around the cars, and woke up.
♂♥♂♀

Squirrels chase koi . . . chase squirrels

My Kankonian-English dictionary: 90,000 words and counting

31,416: The number of the conlanging beast!
Creyeditor
MVP
MVP

Post by Creyeditor »

I also had a weird dream some time ago. It involved three scenes from a supposed bussiness trip of mine. A blue-haired person throwing rocks at a bar and I was standing at the roof top of that bar. A flashback of the blue-haired person as a little girl being framed for murder of her bully by her classmates in school in the living room of a train. Finally, me being in the same train lateron with the grown-up blue-haired person and the train being attacked by a bear.
Creyeditor
"Thoughts are free."
Produce, Analyze, Manipulate
1 :deu: 2 :eng: 3 :idn: 4 :fra: 4 :esp:
:con: Ook & Omlűt & Nautli languages & Sperenjas
[<3] Papuan languages, Morphophonology, Lexical Semantics [<3]
Khemehekis
mongolian
mongolian

Post by Khemehekis »

Creyeditor wrote: 23 Jun 2023 23:36 Finally, me being in the same train lateron with the grown-up blue-haired person and the train being attacked by a bear.
I wondered what a train lateron was and had to look it up. Was a lateron sort of like an aileron, except on a train instead of a plane? Did it have to do with width or latitude (like "lateral")?

Then it hit me: you meant "later on".
♂♥♂♀

Acipencer
sinic
sinic

Post by Acipencer »

Khemehekis wrote: 23 Jun 2023 23:53
Creyeditor wrote: 23 Jun 2023 23:36 Finally, me being in the same train lateron with the grown-up blue-haired person and the train being attacked by a bear.
I wondered what a train lateron was and had to look it up. Was a lateron sort of like an aileron, except on a train instead of a plane? Did it have to do with width or latitude (like "lateral")?

Then it hit me: you meant "later on".
When I first read it, I thought "lateron" was a misspelling of 'station'.
Creyeditor
MVP
MVP

Post by Creyeditor »

:idea: I should not write my posts in the middle of the night.
Creyeditor
"Thoughts are free."
Dormouse559

Post by Dormouse559 »

The plot of this dream was hard to follow, even within the dream, so I'm not totally sure what was going on, but the general premise was that the afterlife is real, and it's essentially an alternate reality invisibly occupying the same space as the world of the living. The living can enter the world of the dead via an entrance on a remote but populated South American island. (An unspecified "they" put the entrance there for an important reason that I don't remember.) It is also possible for an afterlife inhabitant to make people and objects in the living world intangible; the method varies.

At the beginning, there was a scene involving someone being taken/kidnapped to the afterlife. The captor might have made them intangible to pull this off. Then, a group of young people mounts a rescue mission, driving as fast as they can along a road leading to the afterlife entrance. There is a lot of traffic, but a spirit in the afterlife flies above them with a lasso. He lassos the people's car each time another vehicle gets too close, making them intangible and letting them pass through the other vehicles unharmed.

I also had a mostly forgotten dream in which I was leaving some location by car, but when I tried to figure out how to get from the surface street to the highway, there were dozens of connecting lanes, and nearly all of them were exits.
Creyeditor
MVP
MVP

Post by Creyeditor »

I dreamt that I was in jail for murder.
Creyeditor
"Thoughts are free."
eldin raigmore
korean
korean

Post by eldin raigmore »

I dreamed about something that has never happened to me in real life.

Other things that make it unique among my dreams: it wasn’t about either of my ex-wives, nor any of my ex-girlfriends.
And it wasn’t about sex.

It was about dating.

(BTW I was much younger in the dream than I am IRL, but even in the dream I was much older than this girl.)

I dreamed a young woman, probably around 18 to 19 years old, started flirting with me, and admitted to admiring me, and made it clear she’d like to go out with me sometime soon.
I couldn’t think what to do. I thought I should probably ask her out; but out to what, and when, and where?
And I couldn’t decide what I should wear. I might have decided on a three-piece pinstriped business suit.

I must have taken her out a few times; because, one of the things that worried me, was that whenever I went over to her place to pick her up, her older (probably middle-to-late twenties or early thirties, I guess) sister would flirt with me.
I “knew”(?) the young girl knew, and worried it would hurt her feelings, but she never complained.
I also wondered whether maybe I should go out with the older sister; because, although she was also significantly younger than me, I was almost sure she was old enough to be age-appropriate for me; but I was kinda unsure the young girl wasn’t too young for me to date her.

I don’t remember everything; and I don’t remember how it ended.

….

The only thing from the dream that I also remember from real life, is that 3-piece suit!
Khemehekis
mongolian
mongolian

Post by Khemehekis »

I dreamt I was thinking back to some posts I had made under two sockpuppet accounts under the "Con-scripts" board of the CBB.

(This dream differed from real life in that (1) the CBB had a separate board for con-scripts and (2) I have never sockpuppeted on the CBB in real life, but I had in my dream.)

Then I clicked on the latest post under Everything Else; there was a notification that there were new messages from the moderators.

My dream then turned into a meatspace parade as many forumgoers and I rushed into a palatial building. I saw the names of all the boards on the CBB unroll. So many of them were for scripts of the world''s languages, with many boards devoted to scripts like "Jel" that I had never heard of.

Finally, I went in. It was an awards ceremony. Aevas was giving out awards. Then I learned Aevas was giving me an award.

When I looked at the sign-in-sheet, I saw the name "James" (my first name) and the name "Jim", and I learned that it was Jim Hopkins, creator of Itlani, who had awarded me my award! I felt happy!

I checked the white slip of paper that was handed to me. It was a card of honor for a "discovery in heraldry". I thought back to what I had done: I had done some research and discovered the connection between a Ford family and a Fukuyama family on an obscure genealogy website thanks to my good Google-fu. Someone who had had the surname Ford had been able to confirm, thanks to my research, that he was part Asian.

By now, I was seated in a school auditorium with classmates from my high school. I was talking with my classmates about our family trees and heritage. I mentioned that I was Jewish. Someone from the Ford/Fukuyama family showed me papers with several family names on it. I saw some Italian names and a whole lot of Portuguese-looking surnames.

"So you're a mix of Anglo-Saxon, Japanese, Italian, and Portuguese, I told him!"

"Actually, I'm Filipino", he said.

"I could see that", I said.

I went to the bathroom because my throat felt sticky. I walked up to a urinal and started snorting and spitting out saliva and phlegm. With every snort, I thought I'd get the last of it. But huge masses kept dropping out of my mouth!

When I woke up, my throat was full of phlegm. I snorted up and spat out all my phlegm and saliva into the garbage bag in the wastebasket in my room.
♂♥♂♀

eldin raigmore
korean
korean

Post by eldin raigmore »

I dreamed my late ex-wife and I were trying to get my car fixed.
For some reason the guy I was handing it in to, wanted to know our ages.
I said, “I’m 50 and she’s 46”.
He looked very skeptical.
He turned to my ex and asked her.
She said “I’m 67 and he’s 71”.
I thought to myself “That’s right! Is my mind so gone that I can’t remember my age?”

(IRL I really am 71; and she really was born 67 years ago, although she passed away 10 years ago, and we broke up 14 years ago.)

To me that was weird. YMMV.
Arayaz
roman
roman

Post by Arayaz »

I had a fever dream yesterday wherein I drank a cup of honey (except the actual color was much darker, but it ran like honey, tasted like honey, and felt like honey) and then began to learn random words of Japanese and Tpaalha.

Like, they weren't real words I'm sure, but...
if only I could actually learn a language by drinking honey...
Proud member of the myopic-trans-southerner-Viossa-girl-with-two-cats-who-joined-on-September-6th-2022 gang

:con: 2c2ef0 Ruykkarraber family Areyaxi family Arskiilz Kahóra Makihip-ŋAħual family Abisj
my garbage

she/her
_Just_A_Sketch
cuneiform
cuneiform

Post by _Just_A_Sketch »

I brought up to Arayaz yesterday that I've "made" conlangs in my dreams before.

In the first one, I heard someone (possibly me? It was too long ago to remember) reading the sounds of a Conlang.
Here are the sounds I heard:
/m n/
/p p' t t' k k' ʔ/
/t͡s t͡s'/
/s/
/w l y/

/i u e a/
If my memory serves /ʔ/ might not have actually been there, but I added it anyways because it felt like it fit.
I probably won't do anything with this lang but it's still kinda neat.

The second happened when I was taking a nap after talking to Arayaz about making a collablang. In this dream I saw a chart with the phonemes:
/ʃ x ʕ ʁ/
/æ ɑ/
Yeah I don't know what my dreams were up to here but it is a kinda fun phonology. Arayaz and I have decided to make it into an actual lang which I'll post about on my sketchpad soon.
The other proud member of myopic-trans-southerner-Viossa-girl-with-two-cats-who-joined-on-September-6th-2022 gang

:con: Awloya, Olwöa, 'ai'u, Hɛlcɛso (on hiatus), Tsjàta (on hiatus)

she/they/fluff
lurker
greek
greek

Post by lurker »

Dormouse559 wrote: 02 Jul 2023 20:23 a remote but populated South American island
Dante put the mountain of Purgatory halfway between South America and New Zealand in The Divine Comedy. (Being that it was the 14th century, he didn't know those places existed, but it was supposed to be at the antipodal point vs Jerusalem IIRC, which works out to the middle of the south Pacific.)

I was just talking about this on another thread. I have recurring dreams where it's somehow simultaneously the first day of school and finals week, so I can't find my classroom AND I'm freaking out because I didn't study. It's always at my old middle school for some reason, but the classes are usually college stuff like calculus.

I also had a kind of Cartesian nightmare a few months ago where I had several false awakenings (dream within a dream etc.) With each awakening I got more and more frantic, trying more desperate things to prove to myself that I was finally awake. That freaked me out IRL for the next few days, since I still wasn't 100% sure I was awake.
⠎⠀⠜⠎⠾⠌⠺⠀⠍⠭⠌⠉⠀⠬⠽⠬⠽⠌⠚
_Just_A_Sketch
cuneiform
cuneiform

Post by _Just_A_Sketch »

I hate false awakenings so much. Like every single one of my nightmares involves them. At some point I got good enough at recognizing them and becoming lucid to stop them but recently my nightmares have started getting better at counteracting that. The standard formula for my nightmares is: start dreaming, realize Im in danger, get to an open area, then fly away because it's a dream. After that I usually just get to have fun flying around. In one of my recent nightmares however, whatever thing was trying to get me just started flying after me. Then I get caught and it loops all over again until I actually wake up and am left very confused and anxious.
The other proud member of myopic-trans-southerner-Viossa-girl-with-two-cats-who-joined-on-September-6th-2022 gang

:con: Awloya, Olwöa, 'ai'u, Hɛlcɛso (on hiatus), Tsjàta (on hiatus)

she/they/fluff
Flavia
sinic
sinic

Post by Flavia »

I used to have a lot of recurring nightmares when I was about 7-8. In the one I remember the best I am a climber in the Himalayas. I am climbing to some sort of shelter on the mountain ridge through deep snow and dangerous passages, and when I finally get there, the door is closed and my hand gets frozen to the doorknob, and I can't remove it.
Anyway, I had a weird dream last night. I was on a train station in Warsaw, and the entire platform was surrounded by plexiglass panels. I asked some passer-by about that, and they replied it was because of ferrets. Suddenly, a bunch of ferrets appeared near the trashcan outside the panels and started biting through them. I was told that the ferrets are a major problem here, and that many people were eaten by them. Luckily, the ferrets didn't manage to bite through the panels. Then my train arrived and I left the station.
XIPA
:pol: > :eng: > :esp: > :lat: > :fra: > :por: > :deu:
Abaniscen cancasirnemor
lurker
greek
greek

Post by lurker »

Flavia wrote: 16 Apr 2024 20:41 Anyway, I had a weird dream last night. I was on a train station in Warsaw, and the entire platform was surrounded by plexiglass panels. I asked some passer-by about that, and they replied it was because of ferrets. Suddenly, a bunch of ferrets appeared near the trashcan outside the panels and started biting through them. I was told that the ferrets are a major problem here, and that many people were eaten by them. Luckily, the ferrets didn't manage to bite through the panels. Then my train arrived and I left the station.
Now I want man-eater ferrets--well, pseudoferrets anyway--in my conworld.

Pack hunters that use sheer numbers to take down prey far, far larger than them, a whelming flood of tiny furry bodies, toothy maws, and razor sharp claws enveloping their quarry, leaving naught but bones as they recede back into the darkness...

Better yet, I could put them in the same clade as the Zap Rats, but instead of using their biocapacitors for defense they use them to paralyze prey. One static shock can be mildly painful. Hundreds of them in rapid succession could be debilitating.

I'll have to sleep on this one but you've given me an idea that at least sounds cool to may sleep-deprived brain.
⠎⠀⠜⠎⠾⠌⠺⠀⠍⠭⠌⠉⠀⠬⠽⠬⠽⠌⠚