Re: CBB Conlang Relay XV - SIGNUPS CLOSED

Post by Mándinrùh »

I've had no questions.
Creator of Image Atili
My website | My blog
Trailsend

Post by Trailsend »

Iyionaku wrote: 10 Dec 2022 10:12 Psat Trailsend, barcai otganytepatsbei?
[psat ˈtɾɛɪ̯lsənd, ˈbaɾkaɪ̯ ɔ̈gɐnˈʃteːpɐt͡sbɛɪ̯]
hello.IFML PROP, ask-1SG how-make_progress-ADZ-COP.2SG
Hey Trailsend, what is your progress? [:D]
I'm...struggling DX

I've thrown in the towel and reached out to Mándinrùh for some Atili help; in the meantime I'm working on as much of a HW translation as I can put together with what I have!
(it/they)
任何事物的发展都是物极必反,否极泰来。
Mándinrùh
cuneiform
cuneiform

Post by Mándinrùh »

Of a couple questions I could absolve myself, but for most, I bear at least partial responsibility. Several words and affixes were missing from the materials I gave to Trailsend, and there was at least one error in the text itself.
Creator of Image Atili
My website | My blog
Trailsend

Post by Trailsend »

Okay, translation into HW is just about done!
(it/they)
任何事物的发展都是物极必反,否极泰来。
Trailsend

Post by Trailsend »

Translation done! (Pending one last question to Mándinrùh, depending on whose answer I might make a revision.) Just need to clean up the grammar notes and do a last pass for error-checking!
(it/they)
任何事物的发展都是物极必反,否极泰来。
Iyionaku
mayan
mayan

Post by Iyionaku »

Trailsend wrote: 13 Dec 2022 00:45 Translation done! (Pending one last question to Mándinrùh, depending on whose answer I might make a revision.) Just need to clean up the grammar notes and do a last pass for error-checking!
Good to hear. With only one more torch to go, perhaps we'll be able to finish the relay just ready for Christmas [:D]
Wipe the glass. This is the usual way to start, even in the days, day and night, only a happy one.
Emanresu
rupestrian
rupestrian

Post by Emanresu »

Iyionaku wrote: 13 Dec 2022 11:38
Trailsend wrote: 13 Dec 2022 00:45 Translation done! (Pending one last question to Mándinrùh, depending on whose answer I might make a revision.) Just need to clean up the grammar notes and do a last pass for error-checking!
Good to hear. With only one more torch to go, perhaps we'll be able to finish the relay just ready for Christmas [:D]
I have a conlang prepared for battle, as soon as I receive the torch I am ready to go. :V
Trailsend

Post by Trailsend »

Well, shit. I am very nearly done friends, but I didn't manage to finish before a commitment that's going to tie me up for a couple of hours. I will definitely be able to pass on the torch later tonight, or tomorrow morning at the latest!
(it/they)
任何事物的发展都是物极必反,否极泰来。
Iyionaku
mayan
mayan

Post by Iyionaku »

Info: I'll be mostly unavailable between Dec 24 and Dec 31. Therefore, I'll most likely not be able to compile the final results between these days.
I'll try to make the final text at least, but the intermediate steps will have to wait until next year.
Wipe the glass. This is the usual way to start, even in the days, day and night, only a happy one.
Trailsend

Post by Trailsend »

The torch is away at last!!
(it/they)
任何事物的发展都是物极必反,否极泰来。
Emanresu
rupestrian
rupestrian

Post by Emanresu »

Torch received! :)
I am at a birthday currently so I can probably only start working tomorrow, but I am confident it will definitely be done before Wednesday.
Iyionaku
mayan
mayan

Post by Iyionaku »

Emanresu wrote: 16 Dec 2022 12:50 Torch received! :)
I am at a birthday currently so I can probably only start working tomorrow, but I am confident it will definitely be done before Wednesday.
Here comes the last half-time checkup of this season! How's it going?

I'll already use the chance to issue a belated "thank you" to: Jackk (twice), Click (twice), loglorn, and kiwikami, for organizing the past relays in which I participated. Up to now I didn't really appreciate the effort it takes to keep a relay going - and how hard it is to refrain from sneak-peeking into the sent torches [xD]
Iyionaku
mayan
mayan

Post by Iyionaku »

Update: Emanresu has informed me in a private message that they had too many issues with the Hiding Waters torch, and wish to drop out.
I will therefore start to re-translate the HW torch to English and wrap up the relay. Fingers crossed that I can finish it today, otherwise it's gonna take until after christmas [:)]
Trailsend

Post by Trailsend »

Iyionaku wrote: 23 Dec 2022 05:21 Update: Emanresu has informed me in a private message that they had too many issues with the Hiding Waters torch, and wish to drop out.
Oof. Well, shit.
Iyionaku wrote:I will therefore start to re-translate the HW torch to English and wrap up the relay. Fingers crossed that I can finish it today, otherwise it's gonna take until after christmas [:)]
Please reach out if it's inscrutable so I can fix it!
(it/they)
任何事物的发展都是物极必反,否极泰来。
Iyionaku
mayan
mayan

Re: CBB Conlang Relay XV - RESULTS

Post by Iyionaku »

Behold! The results are finally here!

The original text was from a book I read this year, Buddenbrooks by the German author Thomas Mann. The text snippet in question is the culmination of a feud of two brothers which span almost half of the book, happening right at the grave of their mother.
Thankfully, the CBB community decided to make the text a lot more wholesome, and now it's apparently about... a mother and her kid reconciling? Or something like that, it's weird. (Sidenote: why do all these relays seem to end with trees, spirits, or both?)

But without further ado, here it comes!

Original torch:
“You mean you would mingle our mother’s inheritance with the— savings of this lady? You really want to marry her?”
“Yes. I want a home, and somebody who will be sympathetic when I am ill. And we suit each other very well.“
“Well, you shan’t do it, then,” shouted the Senator, and sprang up. “You shan’t do it,” repeated Thomas, almost senseless with anger; pale, trembling, jerking convulsively. “As long as I am alive it won’t happen. I swear it—so take care! You’ve brought enough disgrace on the family already. I forbid it, do you hear? I forbid it!” he shouted. “And I advise you not to attempt to defy me! Up to now I have only despised you and ignored you: but if you try any tricks, we’ll see who will win! You can look out for yourself! I shan’t have any mercy! I’ll have you declared incompetent, I’ll get you shut up, I’ll ruin you—I’ll ruin you, you understand?”
And the final result:
Two women went down from the field at the end. "I am shocked that I’m caring deeply, deeply, deeply for you, mother.“, one of them said. „Do you not love me?“
„Yes, I do! But I’m always afraid that you don’t go out of the house.“
„What do you say! Don’t be afraid! Let me tell you: Maybe you’re allowed to thank the spirit, so you won’t have to be afraid.“
A man with the name of Etienne now went to the beehive. He shouted to it, but the beehive continued.
Suddenly, he collided carelessly with a tree where the beehive was hanging from. Bzzzz bzzz bzzz! Aaaargh!
"Did you hear that stupid noise?"
"Yes, I did."
"Could you be quiet? Could you know this genuine peace? I am very respectful of spirits, so let me tell you: I am afraid that you're angry at such a time, forgive me, please."
"I know and I fear, although you love me. Eh, it's just barely important what I'm angry about. You are compassionate, and respectful of spirits."
Trailsend

Post by Trailsend »

Holy shit you did it! Speed run!!
(it/they)
任何事物的发展都是物极必反,否极泰来。
Iyionaku
mayan
mayan

Post by Iyionaku »

Trailsend wrote: 23 Dec 2022 18:09 Holy shit you did it! Speed run!!
And it wasn't even that bad if I may say so [:D]
Update for everyone, I'm waiting for the response of one relay participant whose torch I couldn't open. As soon as this is there, I will post the intermediate results which you all surely are burning to see!
Reyzadren
greek
greek

Post by Reyzadren »

Iyionaku wrote: 02 Dec 2022 06:58Oh wow, that was quick [xD] you might almost rival Reyzadren in terms of torch efficiency.
Thanks for the awesome comment. The torch king +1 you 👑
Image conlang summary | Image griushkoent thread
Iyionaku
mayan
mayan

Re: CBB Conlang Relay XV - FINALIZING

Post by Iyionaku »

Individual torches - Part One

1) Original torch - Iyionaku [163 words]

English
Spoiler:
“You mean you would mingle our mother’s inheritance with the— savings of this lady? You really want to marry her?”
“Yes. I want a home, and somebody who will be sympathetic when I am ill. And we suit each other very well.“
“Well, you shan’t do it, then,” shouted the Senator, and sprang up. “You shan’t do it,” repeated Thomas, almost senseless with anger; pale, trembling, jerking convulsively. “As long as I am alive it won’t happen. I swear it—so take care! You’ve brought enough disgrace on the family already. I forbid it, do you hear? I forbid it!” he shouted. “And I advise you not to attempt to defy me! Up to now I have only despised you and ignored you: but if you try any tricks, we’ll see who will win! You can look out for yourself! I shan’t have any mercy! I’ll have you declared incompetent, I’ll get you shut up, I’ll ruin you—I’ll ruin you, you understand?”
Yélian
Spoiler:
»Barcai anei pi diraumervem u’prigal yanim o’méva fecun lengaló o‘ – vat áiamis? Barcai tan narivakustei?«
»Bai. Ivabai pilat è teʻat táviter fecruset nat apústbai. Èpa fiævitonest, ta è re vutret.«
»Betál, sat ciroreyut!« An‘empuʻet puaget èpa linytepet. »Sat ciroreyut!«, Tomas nacemanpavisvalitbicet; nærèflesatsbit èpa rifet cet martón. »Fum vincarfibai, cirouruntet. Vat ytániyyai… pin sat cragas! Yaidésmugautrei urdal pès yanim mapeli. Rat globut, rîyei? Rat globut!«, te puaget.
»Èpa sat obrai pi rat cipecpervelias! Nacarat sat yimiatírdæcai èpa yimiatfadcombai; cut vigo rat værgatsei, betál bliden, ya roretaniet! Rotyaplatei car saʻi! Cirobai ce vèrte! Sat ropervitai pi lalabei, sat roifadiʻai, sat rocòlgai… sat rocòlgai, barcai tarei?«
2) Kiwikami [188 words]

English
Spoiler:
"Did you think you would mingle the inheritance of our mother with that woman's savings? Do you truly want to marry her?"
"Yes. I want to be home, and someone who shows sympathy when I am ill. And we are a good match, she and I."
"Then you will not do it!" The senator screamed and jumped up. "You will not do it!" Tomas said again, almost breathless from anger; he was pale and shaking, and twitched as if with cramps. "As long as I live, it will not happen. That I swear… so watch out! You have already caused enough shame upon our family. It is forbidden by me, do you hear? It is forbidden by me!" he screamed. "And I advise that you not try to defy me! Until now I only loathed and ignored you; but if you try to deceive me, then we will find out who will win. You will be able to care for yourself! I will have no mercy! I will declare you mad, I will have you locked up, I will ruin you… I will ruin you, do you understand?"
Alál
Spoiler:
¿Ṣûkuhàmakalıuàx za·ẓılmırùıṭ kısúurmaàx za·zaḷmırùıṭ makúaḳa? ¿Ṭûılàm·ṭaıkalàx?.

:Ùl: :Tàsakuaí ktual, Itàık·kúaı ıs·axìzhamàaı mazḷaraı: :Ḷazraṭǔlı saìm saìl:.

¡Iì Maùktas!. Xıutàx Skîlax tuḳmaır. ¡Maùktas!. Lalalàx rıuḷúm·ṣıḷm Tumísa, Hıulí, Tíẓıḳ, áẓa·Tıuṣuḳ ḳmaıẓìama.

:Is·Maıktasà lazúram: :Làl·xutumàx: ¡Iì úl·s Stuùluaı! :Tkaùsram·talsakúuraṭaı ktulaùla: ¡Áxızaḷık! ¿Mrıùzràmı? ¡Áxızaḷık!. Xıutàx. ¡Mlaturàx hıùzkıtalkıẓâsıràıá! :Hatıḷhàılılıìaı, Satıḳhàılılıìḳàma, ḷí·s Zkaùzrârsıkẓâax, mulas Mulùhsǐzıma sîtsımàax: ¡Sûırsǐıṭàaı azùra, Ákaùzkatamùlık! :Xtatumuàx suùḷràm, z·Ûmhuuḷàk sám, Katuxuàx … Katuxuàx: ¿Ḳmaùzràmı?.
3) Lorik [194 words]

English
Spoiler:
- Do you wish that you had combined our mother's inheritance with that
person's meager funds? Do you really want to marry them?
- Yes. I want to live at home, and I want to be with someone who is sympathetic
to me if I'm sick. Me and them, we fit together.
- Listen up, don't do this! - the senator leaps up from their seat and screams -
Don't do that! - Tumísa says again, breathless from anger, pale, shaking and
twitching repeatedly like the strings of a string instrument. That's not
happening while I'm alive. So, then beware! You already brought shame upon
our family.
- They have forbidden me!
- Are you listening to me?
- They have forbidden me!
- I advise you to not defy me! I've been hating and ignoring you up until now,
but if you will try to deceive me, then we'll find out how they will win. You
care for them, darling, and I cannot grant you mercy, indeed! I will declare that

you are delusional. You'll be imprisoned by my will, and I will destroy you... I
will destroy you. Do you understand me?
Лохдан
Spoiler:
«Аркурава, ка отайлими итаралу ноян маты ота крадитоси идравы
карабы? Ха над аркуро талю фяларь?»
«Да. Кур дукарь та траха, и кур сирь ота драгу ка ван дартый рал ва ун
дартая. Му адара.»
«Ардий! Ун рада эрий!», икар иртюл ду нёву и ифус, «Ун рада эрий!»,
Тымиз нанар, тель б афава дра кордосян, нилый, тель анаро дравь эрак
ила кину, «Рад ун ифихданай, мут ва эрадый. Ардий! Рэ лупанарай ноя
лирая.»
«Тели хай имертарани!»
«Вай нувё?»
«Тели хай имертарани!»
«Ва хай обарё: ун вай унмарай! Хай бакара и мюсанири тэ иран, хав са
ситиний вай язирь, рай осивинини эрак тели ихундинини. Тели хан
ранолыи, аная, и ун олад хай еванарь. Битанай, ка ха фолая. Айсиний
короный хут вои куросян, и хай донавиний. Хай ва донавиний. Вай
вювалё?»
4) Reyzadren [173 words]

English
Spoiler:
"You want to mix our mother's inheritance with that woman's poverty? You particularly want to marry her?"

"Yes. Want to stay at his house and be with someone that can be good to me when I am not good. We get along together."

"Hey! Don't do here," the noblewoman jumps from the chair and screams "Don't do here". Timiz repeats without her breath because of her anger, pale. She repeatedly shake like a string violin. "Here, it will not happen while I am alive. Hey! It already humiliated our family."

"They forbid you."

"You didn't hear me?"

"They forbid you."

"I advise you: One didn't disobey me. I hate you and I ignored you until now, but if you try to deceive me, then we will find out like how we will achieve. They are important to you, to you, and I don't show mercy to you. I will declare that you are crazy. You will be imprisoned by my will and I will destroy you. I will destroy you. You understand me."
griuskant
Spoiler:
[skuya uvzaeia marae zaefent una zhae staevaeae jezon urva ? caeimsi skuya palva urva ?].

[aeist. skuya ounda vuzh raesae raib un skuya oezia stuisesai evis vozh shurzothaem. ovzoti].

[oi. zheg koensh arand] stevaejilk xasa ga fen zher maiga [zheg koensh arand]. timiz gaevksi aedoua vezh koenshin ithk uns is mauzesan iki dezgoebluyaeij, [zheg kinsh asan ocvozh aesk zhuica. oi. at ashumaena aeskesae helios].

[kaensh].

[aesk shur raeinan urva ?].

[kaensh].

[kunen az kaensh ashaeista. ost ysrulvan un aesk shur soena vazh kiuzhon, ut oc slia ijkraja, zher kanorshir vazh kinkan. raeses az orshi iuz ost, ysoz, zhers shurtaedoi. daei ost az bloupi. kin ijsaufan koenson zher kin ysrulvan. kin ysrulvan. shiroz.]
5) VaptuantaDoi [170 words]

English
Spoiler:
“Do you want to take mother’s gifts including that girl’s loss? Do you really want to marry?”

“Yes. I want to stay at their house, and I want to marry this kind person during unhappiness. Good between us.”

“Hey! Don’t do that here!” Screaming, the lady swooped from the chair. “Don’t do it!”
It is difficult for Timiz to repeat this because it won’t be angry and violently shaking like a violin played with a bow: “That will not happen here while I’m alive. Oy! You have already dishonoured our family.”

“I can’t.”

“Are you not listening to me?”

“I can’t”

“You should not be allowed to deny it. It will be very difficult for you and I haven’t cared this whole time, but if you try to lie, then you will never be able to know. They are important for you, indeed, but I have no pity. You, you’re crazy. You will be emprisoned, and then it will be very dangerous. It will be very dangerous. You know this!”
Ai
Spoiler:
“Dí e bòhíwo áw ó atáiw óye tuw ew ó hyóru wíwa yu? Dí e hyóru hawíyi yú?”

“Bí. I wè ó ó o hyóru bawwa, i e tò hodési dàyé hyóru hawíyi, oúwye hyé awáhíw. Oúwye eo dèryé habawwa yá.”

“Dà be erúwwa dái!” Tuw be bè hihiré atáihíw bawo o uwáyi. “Dái!” Tímisi e ìbé bóihíw ohai hoyériyi, ó retódoye dubí dubíhíw ó e bióra hyù de yuwhíw. “Dà be órowyi béiw, i ètóréye bawhíw! É! Dí e árai eo esúba é ehyéyi.”

“I hyódo béiw.”

“Dí e i bewariwa yú?”

“I hyódo béiw.”

“Dí ehyódowa béiw ó àwíwa. Dí e ìbé èi bóiwa, i e hyirów bóihi. Dí ohai ádudíwwa, ré byúw hyódo byèwá béiw. Ó dí o otáde, é, i e be wésu bóiwa béiw. Dí be éi é. Wè o dí ó e èi béi toréráyi, ré hótyú hótyúye. Hótyú hótyúye èi órowwa. Dà byèhí yá!”
6) Üdj [152 words]

English
Spoiler:
"You give - mother, does she fall? That young woman, she desires?"

"I want to stay at 3sg's house; I desire this good person - I have a sad heart. Our hearts will stay good to each other."

"Don't make this one move down!" The woman flies and disappears at a chair and screams "Don't!" Tímsi causes hardship to give and to try and to repeat this. It is angry, shaking. It plays a violin with a bow.

"This one is not moving down. I am alive!"

"Oy! You are our family name. You have been bad."

"I can't."

"Can't you hear me?"

"I can't."

"You can’t deny it. You experience hardship; I give my best feelings. You lie to yourself, so you never learn. 3sg makes you important. Oy! I don’t give pity. You’re crazy. You guard 3sg in the house, so you’re dangerous, crazy. Dangerous, dangerous. I’m sure you’ll learn!"
Näzyuva
Spoiler:
"Zau ecau - byabei, as kwalu? Nyajalei faf, as caloani?"

"Ed calou kwanyali kyacalau näs au; ed caloani tamb byani êvau - ed nyala ajasyadzi kwal. Ajasyaäf näf cakwanei byanyabyani cau."

"Cafanätsau tanêd dagwa aivade!" Jalei dagwakwêd ai kyavei iva dau ai däkhasäu. "Nätsau!" Timsi fadzou kyatêl ecau ai jamau ai kwali. As êf khäcas, lyafadzou. As kwali Lyäpädzi Lyäpädzi lai.

"Tanêd dagwadzou aivade. Ed evei dudzou!"

"Ei! Zau êf byalau byanyabei näf ä. Zau sê êvei."

"Ed syatse."

"Zau ênatau êd?"

"Ed syatse."

"Zau syatsau fadäkha taz. Zau nyala kyatêl; ed ecaei tsau vawi matau. Zau ôk tsau, o zau tsuzau nä. As fa zau êf mbani. Ei! Ed ecaei nä tsau dudzaghei. Zau êf khäcas. Zau zyasei tas kyacalau êd, o zau êf labyalau, khäcas. Labyalau, labyalau. Zau catsuzau!"
7) Sevly [132 words]

English
Spoiler:
"Tell me mother—what's wrong? Doesn't that young woman desire you?"
"I want to stay home; though I desire that upstanding person too, I have a sad heart, because most of our hearts will not remain together."
"Don't let that make you sad!"
But Timisi goes away and walks into a crowd and screams.
"Don't!"
She tries again and again to make trouble. She's chaotic. She shakes. She even pretends to play a hand instrument.
"Hey! You represent our house. You have behaved badly."
"Maybe."
"Do you hear me?"
"Maybe."
"You did not deny it. You have a burden. I will put you in a better mood. Because you lie to yourself, you do not understand. It makes you self important. Hey! I am not giving you sympathy. You're angry. Because you trap it inside, you are violent, violent. You must learn."
Zevy
Spoiler:
"Domaven su diema—¿deu mu kehau? ¿Utsami me mazi su, dote murst na?"
"Murst su, dut me taki; Utkeermu tiis mu kame murst dou, vedet veud me miki si ni dit. Dan deses te miki su ederi mu, veabi me taki hi tide da."
"¡Vemart su, veutsu, vedet veud me met hi ve dovund!"
Utdou, Timisi mu, deat ti, mon te ver ti, muuneki.
"¡Veat!"
Deren deren an me, zeen su, tiiti me met hi me. Samuputi me dee. Imen mu rema me dee. Kiuteen atai su, deskandar mu kiat.
"¡Hos! Desedut te isi hi me dovund. Matro roeda ti isi hi me."
"Dert."
"¿Dit ti ho hi me?"
"Dert."
"Veneiema u met hi ti. Tevatmaga hi ni dovund. Dote, mtemu veud me met si te dit: Imen te maku tide, verasa hi me dovund. Dote, imenrau me met hi me da. ¡Hos! Vedote, mivemi mu vemen si me. Trast me dee hi me. Imen me kor tide, demekien demekien hi me. Mot su, morasa."
8) Jackk [134 words]

English
Spoiler:
"Your mother asked me what's wrong; is it that girl you like?"

"She likes me back, but I'm in a bad mood and want to stay in. It feels like we're out of sync."

"No! I won't let you be in a bad mood!"

But then Timisi came running out of the crowd, screaming.

"Don't go!"

Once again they were in trouble. The chaos was disorienting; people were playing guitars and performing.

"Hey! You're representing our family, so stop behaving badly."

"Sure."

"Are you listening?"

"Sure."

"You didn't need to shout. God, you're such a burden. I'd feel better if I thought you didn't understand what you were doing, but you're really just that arrogant, wow! Oh, I'm not sorry for you, and now you're angry. Be careful not to get too violent, understand?"
Boral
Spoiler:
"Ty maðr a me rovað cal's te caint mal; l'ig doncel teyon amað?"

"I m'am contrig, pu j'ay hoir e desir remanir acas. Me parisc nos no seim harmonent."

"Noc! Jo nil parmettr tu ay hoir!"

Soulor Timisc venoy dell'aucoum corrent e hurlant.

"Part noc!"

Ancour il ayen vandy encontrað. Scompigl lou confone; gent crullan aloud e fayen parform.

"Hau! Tu reflect nostr y famigl, donc ouvr plu mal."

"Vay."

"Tu me scout?"

"Vay."

"Tu pos parolar kieð. Diabr es tu sbolognment. Jo vel allagherrem ne creint tu comprenois noc ig teyon fait, pu vray tu t'es y mont, bon Deu! Ja, jo te plagn noc e j'ay te fascað desig. Faç prudenç tu din noc hetrouf, zi caut?"
Last edited by Iyionaku on 19 Jan 2023 11:57, edited 2 times in total.
Iyionaku
mayan
mayan

Post by Iyionaku »

Individual torches - Part Two

9) Man in Space [122 words]

English
Spoiler:
"Your mother asked me what misfortune visited you; that girl you liked?"

"She loves me back, but I'm afraid and want to stay home. It seems we 'click'."

"No! I forbid you to be fearful!"

Then Timiḫ came from the beehive, running and shouting. "Don't go!"

Yet they met difficulty. Chaos beset them; people played lutes and performed.

"Hey! You represent the family, so stop misbehaving."

"OK."

"You hear me, boy?"

"OK."

"You can speak calmly. What a burden you are! If I felt you would understand nothing then I'd be better off, but truly, you are very arrogant. Already, I feel no pity for you and therefore I am enraged. It would behoove you not to get violent. Is that understood?"
Classical Ĝare n Tim Ar
Spoiler:
“Êdsáu kódar ĝus móm ü n łn háurá signa ĝ katḫér irü ĝôksig łn hé. Kálo ü uré hé łn?”

“Tékda úleg dégu kl, ör uarág áłi m hé ĝus öd aĝłíl kr ĝus ḫë signa. Mehsíĝ dégu mihteh.”

“Ro! Łántá r uarág áłi m hé. Ługdö hé ĝus!”

Sonen ḫiłám sasahka ü Timiḫ té kûn łá té iáha: “Táḫr r!”

Tëg umir érí mr. Nïḫtídí érí adï; łiĝ îster ar hi náhkál adasar.

“Éé! Lïksúĝ lrnad ü, sonen téh kehsél.”

“Íhtan.”

“Irü łi ĝus łn, o óimi?”

“Íhtan.”

“Łántá saman ḫatkö. Áge ëhké ëhké łn! Ḫagár ĝus hae ḫeḫúd da réam łn áín, áge sêḫ sêḫ ĝus sonen. Mehsíĝ, áge
10) loglorn [129 words]

English
Spoiler:
"Your mother asked me about the cursed omen they told you about. Is it the girl you like?"
"The feeling is mutual, but i am afraid of her and i want to stay home"
"No! don't be afraid of her! I forbid it!"

Then NAME left the beehive, running and shouting: "Don't leave!"

And yet they kicked trees. Panic invaded them, lutes played and people gave speeches:

"Hey! Respect your family's place and behave."
"Sure."
"Have you heard me, noble¹."
"Whatever."
"Can you speak calmly? You are such a burden! If you study the things you don't know then you will be a big blessing. You are so arrogant i feel no pity, only anger."
"If you know what's good you will not act angry, do you get it?"

1. The torch clarified calling non-nobles 'noble' is highly offensive in their culture
Ît-ie
Spoiler:
"Atò niè maon ue ngeò tį-moàn òkà leo dètù chie tuô reô kièt leo, tu tuô-û la oèmà dèngè kiekee-ngee ngeô tuet?"
"Mu ye ngeò, en tuòk-oàk ngeò tuô neênê, dao ngù-kû tę"
"Peò! Bįn tuòk reô tuô! En pį̀n ngeò kaò!"
Tue eengai-tue Tįem daûm oe, nao kù-ku nu kiè-chu tuô: "Bįn ąi!"
Netò kįè tuô di chiechie. Duòn tuô rįe, ne chie-ie dą nu ie-ie taè tę:
"Chaû! Mę̀ chì reô dų ie nąè reè, mę̀ chì tę."
"Chû"
"Ri ngeè reô ngeò? eon?"
"Chû"
"Ri ruoj pai dai de? Ri kaò-û jà-jà! Teon keòg reô neon òkà dèrì pie kįèkuè reô kièt, duòr kaò-û reô mejiej-mejiej. E reô-û lįe tę pàngè kę̀n-kę̀n ngeò reô taongè ngeò-û ngeo."
"Teon kįèkuè reô dè kièt meon, duòr pie chi ngeo de. Ri kįèkuè-ikuè kaò?
11) qwed117 [154 words]

English
Spoiler:
"Your mother asked me about the curse that she had told you about, was she the girl that really likes me?"

"I love you, but I fear Mother, and I want to stay home"

"No! Don't fear her! I won't be the cursed one"

Then the girl, Tįem, left the Hive. While the girl ran, her mother shouted at the cursed one "Don't leave!"

Supposedly, she kicked a tree, regardless. She became panicked. Supposedly she heard a fiddle playing and and was told by people:

"Hey! Behave! Don't do that at all!

"Mhm"

"Do you hear me, dolt"

"Yes!"

"Can you speak calmly? Is it a great burden! If you studied what you don't understand, you would become the most blessèd. You are arrogant, and I do not pity you, for I am angry"

"If you understood that the curse was good, you would not begin to behave angrily. Do you understand the curse?"
Hlaitype
Spoiler:
"Jü3ma1 për4 phí2 mát2 hoy3 kú2 wác4 í mar1 për4 mát2 öng1. Mröl mát2 twá4 da1huí3 ha gua2 öng1 hoy3?"

"Guang2 mát2 hoy3! Gu ci3 hoy3 mi4-ang2 m kő1'ang2 hoy3 hè jong3"

"Zha! Ím3ang2 güy2ca1 èzwa öng1! Phyün1 güy2ca1 om2 má4 wác4!"

Yèt2, sökw3ang2 twá4 mös3 Ti3'öm1 ie3 dük1bai3 zien1. Kuöt děkw3ang2 öng1, thí1sang2 për4 phí2 öng1 aki: "Sökw3 güy2ca1 mát2 èzwa!"

Dǒk4thö, ci3 twá4 pik4ang2 bü may4 m ci öng1 mi4ang2. Uk1wang2 öng1 lük1jè2 m rang2 yě1kua4 öng1 aki:

"Üy! Mráw rup3 hëc! Áng4 güy2ca1 hëc!"

"Am"

"Uk1wa1 láng1 mát2 hoy3, cim?"

"Hwem2-to3!"

"Gén3 bok2 lom mát4 jër3? Mröl khóng1 mráw jër4? Wès2 kröm1am2ma1 mát2 í khot4 güy2ca1 mát2 öng1, ğay4 mráw1 mát2 as1úy3 pe2ci1. Mráw1 mát2 rőj3hen2 mát2, m phyün1 hoy3 ğá2 o mát2; möu3rang2 hoy3 mác2"

"Wès2 khot4 guö4 jïw2 hyar mráw wác4 ğil4, phyün1 guö4 jüw2 ğá2. Kröm1 lom guö4 jüw2 wác4"
12) acipencer [151 words]

English
Spoiler:
“Your mother asked me about the curse that she told you about. Are you the girl that loves me?”
“I love you! But I am worried and I want to be at home”
“No! Don’t fear it! We don’t have a curse!”
Later, the girl named Ti’öm leaves the beehive for the city. As she goes, her mother screams: “Don’t leave!”
Headless, the girl falls against a tree and she is terrified. She hears a voice and it says:
“Hey! Straighten up! No!”
“Yes”
“Did you hear me, idiot?”
“Yes sir!”
“Can you be quiet? Is it impossible for you to shut up? If you had learned what you don’t know, You’d be most blessed. You are so prideful of yourself and I pity you for it; it makes me feel so angry.”
“If you knew that the curse was good, than you had a heart. Did you learn the curse?”
Selekain
Spoiler:
“Sken sa maris ontz ma en tul sa. Mi godil sil sa?"
“So sil ma! ke fertzo ke lortzi ta ti"
"Mi gada! Fertzir! nar skutir ontz!"
Belsa, kere Tiam ili ti vengutz ar syr. ili, ke sken dana: "Ilir!"
Char saka, kere nidu ĺit am ke fertzo. Nilpri ketz en ta:
"Aaa! Galnaka ta! Galnaka!
"Galnaka"
"Nilpri titz, damin?"
"Mi nilpri"
"Sarkys pretz titz? So stiri pretz titz? Sarkys stirusut, so amana. Mi dosi femek sa, skuti gorema ar kos ma.”
"Sarkys sa stiru ontz flora, Sarkys skutu brek. Stirus ontz titz?”
13) TitusFlavius [117 words]

English
Spoiler:
"Your mother asks about my trouble you caused. Am I destined for your love?"
"I love you! But you're afraid, and you should live in the house."
"I beg! I'm not afraid! We have no troubles!"
Thereafter, a human named Etiam walked away towards the bees' house. While she walks, the mother shouts "Don't go!"
Headless, she falls down to the tree, and she is afraid. She hears: "Aaa! Stop! Stop!"
"Stop."
"You hear, idiot?"
"I hear."
"Perhaps you will be quiet? Do you know silence? If you know, you're blessed. I pity your hubris, I'm angry in my blood."
"Maybe you know the trouble is good, maybe you have a heart. Did you learn the trouble?"
Abaniscen
Spoiler:
"Narem i bi selcanar i shani i ni bi is icarvile ciey. Ni roviey i isciu i bi?"
"Ni bey isciu! Elen bi vircis, on bi nanasi i veshtu nasi!"
"Ni hevcanar! Ni nim vircis! Nelemor nim shani!"
Eyciele, cielnares i Etiam niestel aco rore shanam i veshtu i saviarennemor vine. I shanam, on narem i nim shasilem cancananar.
Osica sure, cielnares shanam i ley on ahrie vine, on i virciles. I "Ay! Bicasir! Bicasir!" otiobuna.
"Bicasir."
"Bi onsircer otiobu?"
"Ni otiobu."
"Bi shosiy? Bi shoy yescar? Ace bi yescar, bi anhas. Ni colcav i ni veher, ni gehyie i niciv i ni na."
"Ora rore bi yescar shani i mino, ora rore bi isciu. Bi shani avtiolen?"
14) pachelbel [136 words]

English
Spoiler:
note: ey/em/eir is used as translation below for the third person animate singular pronoun
"Your mother asks about my worrying because of you. Is it my destiny to be loved by you?"
"I love you! But you fear, and you want to dwell in a house!"
"I pray! I do not fear! We do not worry!"
Then, a human named Etiam walked from there to the house of insects. Ey walked, and a mother who was not walking shouted.
A human without a head walked down to a tree and eir fear. Ey heard, "Ah! Stop! Stop!"
"Stop."
"Do you hear an idiot?"
"I hear."
"Would you be quiet?! Do you know silence? If you know, then you are holy. I pity my hubris; my anger is in my blood."
"For some reason you know how to worry well, for some reason you love. Do you, who are learning, worry?"
Bodin
Spoiler:
"Shpe rirnodon ranui catrammaceimin ci do le. Min dimkhu, de pumedo mi la?"
"Pumemi do! Cui tepirdo, ei nichirdo khapshur nei khosta ru!"
"Shtasirmi! Toitepirmi! Toitrammarmisu!"
Purna tapar dacat, de chitadan Etiam la, bat darla ru moi khosta khinnusun ru bakh. Taparda bakh, ei car rirno, de toitaparda la, bakh.
Tapar dacat sha plira ru serakh moi rish ei tepidan ru bakh. Tirnada bakh, scu "Rra! Murnobe! Murnobe!"
"Murnobe."
"Tirnakhudo roinui?"
"Tirnami."
"Smashirbe? Tenarkhudo smash? Cha tenardo, nui roi do shensan. Darirmi ducurmamin; pokhomin nei shiblimin ru."
"Ci crikhumo ru tinardo trammar satini, ci crikhumo ru pumedo. Trammarkhudo, de stusirdo la?"
15th) Mándinrùh [127 words]

English
Spoiler:
“Your mother is asking about my concern for you. Is it my destiny that you love me?”
“I love you! But you’re afraid and you want to stay at home.”
“I’m praying! I’m not afraid! We’re not worrying!”
Then the person called Etiam walked from that place to the beehive. He walked, and the mother
shouted that he should not walk. A stupid person walked down to the tree. He heard someone say
“Ouch! Stop! Stop!”
“Stop.”
“Did you hear the idiot?”
“I heard.”
“Can you be quiet? Do you know silence? If you do, then you are divine. Forgive my hubris; anger
is in my blood.”
“For some reason, you understand worry; for some reason, you can love. Do you worry that you
will study?”
Atili
Spoiler:
Nesyar’os, wari baw ron sokaviti labeo ’n.
“Maman baytrizëda buré lez duzetayskënesi,” roroniv askím. “Em azirilewa ba?”
“Itrilewa das’dá! Su bimá bazritevhu si zukethazoben ikí bazmasvos.”
“Kalí! Baymritevhu! Kënesiva devisukhad zutevhu imsizwa.”
Ati nÉtyam kwatidendé mazi, si rorón ïswarikím, di noyzihazo ëzwé umbi la azbastim. Bilí kinasadenda astotizé lez, su dabimá duzatim. Nizuzëdad leniva oyzihazo ëzwé mëmuno osyaban, kazwák!
Izi-izi! Erúúúúú!
“Bomvubóm! Noktaytu mazi ësnëminhine e?”
“Ïsnëminhine da.”
“Uteske azabre? Rula bole azavás? D’ azdori tos tamara ron. Kenam duzginlwasvahé vadzet tu azistoshevi.”
“Tevhu azavás, su ulewa yano azabre. Neremit ulaste tu vadzetili ontos. Uketlan tamara ukó toskova
ulaste was.”
16) Trailsend [179 words]

English
Spoiler:
Once upon a time, there were two women at the outskirts of a field.

"My mother keeps asking me why I care about you," one of the women asked. "Don't you love me?"

"Of course I love you! But you're always afraid, and you never want to leave the house."

"What! I'm not afraid! I petition and thank the gods, so I can't be afraid."

Now, there was a man named Etian, and while the women were talking, he was walking toward a beehive. A person shouted at him to point it out, but he kept on going.

All at once he carelessly collided with the tree where the beehive was. Bzzzzzzz! Ow!!

"Well, do you hear that stupid man?"

"Yes, I hear him."

"Can you be quiet? Can you know true peace? You are a very pious person. Gosh, forgive me for the things I did long ago that caused anger."

"You understand fear, even though you're capable of love. A little bit of importance can cause a little anger. Being kind is more important than being pious."
Hiding Waters
Spoiler:
Hè whú tsaxkọ̀stlhịwhṭunu̇qxrụroxls na.

"Sì hï sị̀q̇ilhjịkingịṇ whï qịnqinlidlissiqịnjị́ nạṇilhdlịji", tï ṭulhlsụr hė tsȯ lulsukstọstẹ. "Ïng tí lhngikilhjiṇ na?"

"Rò lhngujulhkuṇ hė! U̇k nà qė tsulhkụḷị́x q̇ạ̀x u̇ng tạṇọ̀tlhkuókukxtẹ."

"Xaù uá! Ïng tsilhjịḷị́x! Deì ịrilhqịng lijilhngẹwhị́zị́wh, sị̀seị̀lh ïng tseị̀lhjịḷị́x."

Nà whu̇ ṭulhlkụlk, Ėtiạ́n úlusȯwhlhlkụstẹ, hà luruxstẹ hė, ué kusȯtlhslkụxtẹtạṇọ́lhqẹtoṇtlh. Tsu̇ xoụ̀xuluklȧṭụ́lk sụ̀hịnȯluklọṭulkkwh, u̇k nà kulkuslẹ. Uá whȯ qạtsutọnu̇guẹ̀ṭėlkụqkọ́xt ḳulhxtọtạṇolhqẹtoṇtlhtlh. Jiiiì jiiiiì jiiiiì! Aiiiiiií!

"Hà tsu̇ tsuxlkụkuwh tí dẹguxlkụq̇ọ?"

"Saì, tsixjiwh."

"Owheụ̀kuxṇ tí? Jaxȯṭȯlẹ̀xlhnịṇ heụ̀xkụsokwh tí? Nà xu̇ jị́whulhkụngeị̀ hė. Sì ịngȯ sujuklọwhotlh sụ̀xàruxng, nà leụ́qaùkukjụsoqịng na."

"Hilhkịtsoḷịxkwh na, ïk uá lhngeị̀kilhṇsị́. Ué sïx nakixxȯq sọ̀xàreị̀xngọ́x na. Nà hịnȧlhqạ hė, jị́whị̀ngeị̀nakilhxȯqị́ṇ."
Final English translation [176 words]

English
Spoiler:
Two women went down from the field at the end. "I am shocked that I’m caring deeply, deeply, deeply for you, mother.“, one of them said. „Do you not love me?“
„Yes, I do! But I’m always afraid that you don’t go out of the house.“
„What do you say! Don’t be afraid! Let me tell you: Maybe you’re allowed to thank the spirit, so you won’t have to be afraid.“
A man with the name of Etienne now went to the beehive. He shouted to it, but the beehive continued.
Suddenly, he collided carelessly with a tree where the beehive was hanging from. Bzzzz bzzz bzzz! Aaaargh!
"Did you hear that stupid noise?"
"Yes, I did."
"Could you be quiet? Could you know this genuine peace? I am very respectful of spirits, so let me tell you: I am afraid that you're angry at such a time, forgive me, please."
"I know and I fear, although you love me. Eh, it's just barely important what I'm angry about. You are compassionate, and respectful of spirits."
Last edited by Iyionaku on 24 Dec 2022 20:57, edited 1 time in total.